Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Update

Things are progressing but very slowly and quietly at the moment...

The donated fabric is currently being cut into blocks some to be appliqued some to made into tops as they are. We currently have 10 finished tops and more ready to prepare at our next GTG on the 25th of October 2010.

The grant application has been accepted and it will about 8 weeks from the 20th of September which takes us to about the middle of November before we hear anything. I don't have a plan B if we are not accepted but I know I will get the quilts to Zimbabwe some how, some way.

In the meantime we are continueing with our preparation of tops for Zimbabwe and also for sick children here. At the moment we have about 6 request for local families all of these are being done and are in one stage or another at the moment.

Life has got in the way at the moment with family and other things. I lost my dear MIL in September and my hubby and sister in law need my support. More bad news about my sister who has been given only months to live so I am trying to spend some time with her.

Sorry the updates are slow in coming will try to make them weekly from now on. Be assured just because the blpog is quiet the work goes on.

1 comment:

  1. you are in my thoughts and prayers with the sadness in your family at this time Christina. Wish i could give you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete