Monday, August 30, 2010

Who Are We Care Quilts For Kids

We Care Quilts For Kids, is a small group of Friends who saw a need one day and decided to take up the challenge. We make quilts for sick or terminal children and their siblings
About three years ago I came in contact with a small Group in Yarrawonga and when I saw the good work they were doing with their skills I wanted to share this. I was told there was a need to form small groups in all areas and to be honest due to my state of mind ( I was suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks) I was looking for something I could do without having to leave home.
So I soon found about 8 people who were willing to join me and we started making quilts. We didn’t know who we would give them to but soon we heard about sick children and started offering them to these children. The ladies I asked to help me couldn’t quilt so I bribed them, told them if they would help I would teach them to quilt and give them home made muffins when they came to help. They now make beautiful quilts for themselves as well as helping to make quilts for the children. In the three years we have made and given away about 100 quilts to various children and Ronald Mc Donald house. During the 2009 bushfires my husband and I donated 800 quilts in the Alpine shire and Victoria wide many of these were donated but we also made a lot ourselves. My husband supports me in everything we do.
We do all this voluntary and we do it by providing most of what we need ourselves. I get a lot of fabric donated but we still need to buy fabric. We have had a couple of donations from The Railway Hotel
Our Mission Statement it simply We Do this because We Care....

If you would like to help us in any way then please contact me at petinas@aussiebroadband.com.au.

We have undertaken a huge tsk which I will tell you all about in the next post and will need help for this to be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment